As a team of predominantly women advisors with years of experience helping others while also setting our own financial goals, we understand the unique challenges and issues that women face in building the life they want.
Women face a different set of challenges than their male counterparts. For example, we may find ourselves solely responsible for our finances at some stage of our lives for a variety of reasons. Or maybe we always have been solo but have postponed making important decisions due to lack of time, lack of understanding how to prioritize their needs, or fear of the unknown. Or maybe there’s been a job interruption to raise children or to take care of aging parents.
Women are still earning less than men for doing the same job; studies suggest that in 2020 women made 82 cents for every dollar earned by men. And because we are living longer, we need to be financially savvy and make smart moves now to ensure our financial health far into the future.
Whether you are facing a planned or unplanned transition or want to get a handle on your whole financial picture, working with an advisor can help. With the support of a knowledgeable, empathetic, and responsive team, you can gain clarity and control of your finances to build the life you want.
Here’s a brief glimpse into how we will work together to understand your unique financial circumstances and create a customized plan to meet your objectives through a blend of financial planning and investment management:
- First, we listen. We want to hear your story, what has brought you here, and what you value most. Understanding your needs and goals helps us create a long-term financial vision and is the foundation for a thoughtful plan.
- Next, we share our story, why we do what we do, and why we’re passionate about helping others.
- Once we agree that we’re a fit, we team up and dive into the planning process, illuminating your goals and providing you with strategies and action steps to achieve those goals.
- We ask for a lot of information to fully understand where you’re coming from and guide you forward. We’ll explore strategies across all areas of planning (cash flow, taxes, insurance needs, saving for education, future purchases and retirement, and estate planning, to name a few).
- Our advanced planning software helps you get organized financially, assess your spending and saving, and gain a clear picture of your wealth. We identify opportunities and collaborate with you to create a customized strategy to meet your goals.
- Together we implement your plan and stay with you every step of the way.
- We revisit and update your plan to help keep you on track and address changes in your life as they inevitably come along.
- Based on the outcome of your plan, we create an investment plan that syncs up with your needs and goals. As a fee-only advisor, exactly what you’re paying for is clear, and there are no hidden fees or commissions. As a fiduciary, we put your interest first. We work for you and only you.
At HTG, we collaborate in a highly collegial and interactive environment which ultimately leads us to find the best solutions for you.
We encourage an approach of openness and education, where communication is valued. And we love our work. We appreciate our clients’ trust in us and always put their needs and interests ahead of our own.
If you’d like to learn more about how we can help you or someone you care about build a life you love, please contact us. We’d be happy to arrange a complimentary meeting.